Sunday, October 18, 2015

Celebration! The 200 book mark!

I figured that hitting 200 books off the list was a pretty large milestone.  To celebrate, I've decided to talk about some of my absolute favorite books off the Newbery list in a top ten list plus one extra.

What makes a good book?  I love it when a book just grabs you and doesn't want to let you go.  You're almost sad when it ends because you have no more book to read.  I make a sort of "mini movie" in my head as I read a book, so I love books which make that process extremely easy with great descriptions and a flowing plot.  I also love fleshed out characters. 

Some of these books have been favorites from mine for a long time, having originally been read in grade school or high school.  Some of these books are new favorites.  I am re-reading each book before posting, as I find that re-reading some of these Newbery books as an adult has changed my perspective on several books or made me like it even more.

So, over the next few weeks, watch for my top 10 Newbery favorites (plus 1).

No comments:

Post a Comment