Friday, March 29, 2013

How I rate books

I've been on Goodreads for several years now and if you notice, everyone rates differently.  For the record, here's how I rate:

When I start a book, it automatically starts at 3 stars.  If I finish the book and like it, it stays at 3 stars.  3 stars means it's a nice readable book.  You'll notice that a lot of my books are rated 3 stars.

If I was really impressed by the book, I add stars.  4 stars are books that really impressed me.  5 stars are books that I could read over and over.

If I don't enjoy the book, it loses stars off the 3 original stars.  2 stars are books that I didn't like but I didn't hate enough to give one star.  1 star books are books I despised (unfortunately, many of these are books I was forced to read in school, sorry).  If I can't finish a book it also automatically gets set to 1 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment