Friday, March 29, 2013

My Quest

My junior year of college I took a Children's Literature course as one of my required course.  I really enjoyed it for the most part.  When I graduated with my B.S in Elementary Education but ended up not teaching, I had this wild idea to read all the Newbery books.  I checked out a few from my local library but I didn't get very far.  I put the idea out of my head.

Fast forward to 5 years later.  I was married and about to start a Masters of Arts in Teaching to finally actually teach.  The idea came to me again and this time I got a little serious about it.

Of course, this will be a neverending project as a new set of Newbery books come out every year.

My goal with this blog is to post the Newbery Medal and Honor books by year as I read them.  I'm not necessarily reading the books in order.

Also included on this blog may be different book series as well that are not Newbery related.

No comments:

Post a Comment